Saturday, August 8, 2009

John Bolton on the Release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee

I should take this more personally--though I question the wisdom of the reporters entering North Korea, Ms. Ling is a fellow Sacramentan, in fact originally from Carmichael, where I too lived for a couple of years. And John Bolton totally offends me when he contends we gave in to blackmail. Yeah, let's go to nuclear war over this one, Johnny Boy. I can always tell someone who has never faced war or destruction personally by (in this case) HIS willingness to go to war.

Still, Secretary of State Clinton, wife of the former president and chief negotiator, put it best by laughing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/07/hillary-clinton-laughs-of_n_254167.html

Let's remember that Bolton was never confirmed as UN ambassador, was always Bush's recess appointment. I wrote a little song parody about him:
Hadda call Condi‘
bout that angry guy
got a long white mustache
an’ a myopic eye
Wooly Bolton
Wooly Bolton
Wooly Bolton
Wooly Bolton
Wooly Bolton

Hadda call Rummy
He gotta weave an’ bob
‘cause that wooly, wooly Bolton
gonna cost ‘im his job
Wooly Bolton
Etc.

I was working on more verses before Moustache Man left the news cycle. Like him, it's now irrelevant.

No comments: